Saturday, September 17, 2011

Windows at Michael Thomas

Thanks for all the emails on the blog!  There have been some requests by those who aren't able to make it to the shop to see more of what it looks like.  I thought a good place to start would be the windows.  Over the past few years, it has been a lot of fun coming up with ideas for them and then trying to create them.  My interest in visual display, if not started, was definitely peaked while I was working at Tiffany & Co. in NYC.  While I was there, Gene Moore, the master of window dressing, was the V.P. for window-display.  He was a creative genius and a really nice man. When I was opening the shop, I received a great gift from my friend Alan Delavigne.  It was his own personal copy of "Windows at Tiffany, the Art of Gene Moore".  If you have a chance to check it out, it is a wonderful and beautiful book for inspiring creativity of all sorts. 


 http://www.flickr.com/photos/47144405@N07/



Here is a link to some of the windows at Michael Thomas o